The West

The Federal Court building in central Perth was evacuated this morning after smoke was discovered on the sixth floor.

Fire crews from Perth and Kensington attended the building on Victoria Avenue at about 11.40am.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the smoke was caused by a faulty light fitting.

Hundreds of people who had been evacuated onto St Georges Terrace have now been allowed to re-enter the building.

The West Australian

Latest News From The West

WA police, nurses and other public essential services workers would be banned from going on strike under a policy proposal to be put to the Liberal Party’s State Conference next month.

A lucky Australian man has won his own remote Pacific island resort in a raffle, after shelling out just US$49 for the winning ticket to claim the paradise property.

Popular videos

Our Picks

Follow Us

More from The West