Australia could be without their biggest weapon in the T20 World Cup with paceman Mitchell Johnson withdrawing from the start of the series because of a toe injury.
It is a major blow for the Aussies with less than two weeks before the team's first match of the series.
Johnson received a cut during the triumphant third Test against South Africa earlier this month and the wound became infected.
However, the Australians are still hopeful Johnson could make a late arrival in the tournament.
Australia's first match is against Pakistan in Mirpur on March 23.
In a statement on the Cricket Australia website, chief medical officer, Associate Professor Justin Paolini said the speedster was getting treatment but simply required to rest.
"Mitch has been home in Perth recovering from the Test series against South Africa but has developed an infection as a result of a cut he had on his right big toe after the 3rd Test,” Paolini said.
“He is receiving treatment but his departure to Bangladesh for the ICC World T20 may be delayed until we are happy that the infection has resolved and his toe fully recovered.”
Johnson has been in outstanding form with the ball. He took 59 wickets at an average of just over 15 in the eight Tests against England and South Africa.
In 30 T20I internationals, Johnson has taken 38 wickets at an average of 21 with an economy of seven runs per over.