He may have had a quiet Big Bash League campaign, but Australia know that West Indies master blaster Chris Gayle is still one of the world's most dangerous batsmen.
Gayle was due to arrive in Perth last night with the rest of the West Indies squad for tomorrow's opening one-day match against Australia at the WACA Ground.
The 33-year-old averaged 19.57 for winless Sydney Thunder in the BBL this season, but has scored 20 centuries and 45 half centuries in his ODI career.
Gayle sat out his side's loss to the Prime Minister's XI on Tuesday, but is expected to be fit for the five-game series against the Aussies.
Wicket-keeper Matthew Wade said the West Indies had a long list of dangerous players, with Gayle at the top.
"Every time you play against Chris Gayle you're hoping to get him out early. It would be nice if we can do the same over these next five one-dayers," Wade said.
"He's dangerous wherever you bowl to him, I think. He's shown over a long period of time that he can take any attack down."
Paceman Mitchell Johnson said the bowlers would construct plans for Gayle over the next few days.
Johnson said he was confident they could contain the former Windies captain at the WACA Ground.
"He didn't have a great Big Bash from his standards so I'm sure he'll be looking to get in there and score some runs," Johnson said.
"That why I like that we're starting the series here at the WACA I think we have a very good bowling unit to compete with their guys."
Wade said the Australians would look to exploit their knowledge of the tourists after drawing 2-2 in the series in the Caribbean last year.
"We know quite a lot about them, we toured the West Indies not too long ago and played a really hard series against them," Wade said.
"They've got power hitters, they hit a lot more sixes than probably any other team and they've got certainly some pace and a good spinner in (Sunil Narine).
"We'll have to be at our best to beat them."