UPDATE: Pat Cummins' possible pace pairing with Mitchell Johnson for Perth's first two Big Bash matches this summer could provide the Scorchers with the impetus to improve on their second-place finish in the league's first season.
Cummins, the high-octane but injury-prone paceman, will spearhead an "unsubtle Scorchers game plan".
And with Johnson likely to also remain with the Scorchers, Perth could boast two of the most dynamic pacemen in the game.
But Test duties could restrict both bowlers to the pair of opening games at the WACA Ground when Perth host Adelaide and Shane Warne's team Melbourne Stars.
The third Test against South Africa at the WACA is scheduled to finish on December 4, only three days before the start of the Big Bash, while the three-Test series against Sri Lanka will start in Hobart two weeks later.
Although 19-year-old Cummins has broken down twice during his brief international career, his sheer pace, bowling smarts and irresistible impact make him a virtual certainty to play for Australia whenever he is fit.
Mitch Marsh also joined the Scorchers yesterday and will become a critical part of the team's plans, given his powerful hitting and 140km/h bowling.
Marsh is not expected to bowl for another month as he recovers from stress fractures, but Perth coach Lachlan Stevens said he expected the 20-year-old to have an impact with bat and ball.
"There is going to be nothing subtle about our game plan," Stevens said. "It will be based around pure aggression, and Pat and Mitch embody everything about that.
"Pat is the most exciting talent in Australian cricket. We want batsmen who play with intent and pacemen who bowl fast, and Pat certainly ticks the second box.
"He really embraces the style and brand of cricket we want to play, which is being aggressive in everything we do."
Perth have signed last year's veterans Brad Hogg, Simon Katich, Mike Hussey and Marcus North. They plan to announce two more signings at 1pm today.
Each franchise must sign at least 14 players by next Friday.
Meanwhile, the World Cup organising committee has failed to guarantee that the WACA Ground would host matches during the 2015 event despite saying that Perth was an obvious candidate for games.
World Cup chief executive John Harnden, who has been in Perth this week to inspect the WACA, said discussions had started with the WA Government and cricket authorities about possible venues.
The WACA would appear to be the only ground capable of hosting a World Cup match, given the prohibitive costs to reconfigure Patersons Stadium for cricket.
One complication for the WACA is that World Cup matches will not be played at any ground with building activity, possibly restricting the proposed ground redevelopment.