View Comments
Officers attend fire, gas leak
Officers attend fire, gas leak

A fire and gas leak in the city’s northern suburbs kept Kalgoorlie-Boulder’s firefighters busy yesterday.

Firefighters were called to a Keenan Street property after a passerby noticed smoke pouring from a shed at the back of the property.

The Kalgoorlie Miner understands the owners of the home were inside as the fire started, but were unaware of the danger.

Kalgoorlie Fire Station officer Jed Elsbury said the fire started in a vehicle parked at the rear of the property.

“The fire was fully involved when we arrived on the scene,” Mr Elsbury said. “No damage was done to the shed itself.”

He confirmed the fire was being treated as suspicious, with Kalgoorlie Police expected to investigate further.