- Serves 6 *
- Cooked chicken meat from a 1.5kg bird (approx.), *
- shredded into bite-sized pieces *
- 150g walnut kernels *
- 2 sticks celery, chopped *
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped *
- 1/2 onion, grated *
- 1 small red capsicum, diced *
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (see below) *
- salt and freshly ground black pepper *
- cos lettuce leaves *
In a salad bowl combine the chicken, walnuts, chopped celery, chopped apples, grated onion, and diced capsicum. Season with salt and pepper. Coat the mixture generously with mayonnaise. Chill.
To serve, choose cos lettuce leaves that are "boat shaped". Place on individual plates and spoon the salad into each lettuce "boat". Serve with crusty bread.