View Comments
Moshpit flare fire at Soundwave
The flare showers down on Soundwave fans last night. Picture: 7News

A girl has been burned by a flare at last night's Soundwave concert in Sydney.

Police confirmed a flare was fired near stage three and three people were treated for burns at the Olympic Park festival.

In the middle of Bring Me The Horizon's set, a magnesium flare was lit in the moshpit, injuring the girl and several festivalgoers around her.

The teenage girl was treated for burns on her forearms, believed to have been caused by burnt plastic.Soundwave fans took to social media after the incident left the 75,000-strong crowd in shock.

"I was hit by that flare & standing next to that girl who was really hurt. My shoulders all hurt..." one wrote on Facebook.

Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah Tweeted: "Massive awful burn on her forearm. I am devastated for her. If you see anyone with a lit flare please take their photo and tweet to me so I can hand to police."

More than 200 officers were on patrol at the Homebush event and drug detection dogs searched 252 people and identified 54 allegedly in possession of illicit drugs.

They were given court attendance notices or cannabis cautions.

Illicit drugs seized include cannabis, ecstasy, ice and amphetamines.

Throughout the day, 82 revellers were ejected from the event, many because they were intoxicated.