Update, 5pm: Homeowners from Moora to Albany are assessing the damage this morning after a second big storm front hit WA in the space of a week.
The State Emergency Service received more than 170 calls for help, including one from a property in Congdon Ave, Pinjarra, which lost its roof.
Two properties were seriously damaged in Dwellingup and power lines are down across the metro area.
The strongest gust were recorded at 113km/h at Rottnest Island at 9.18pm Tuesday, 113km/h at Cape Leeuwin at 10.50pm Tuesday, 109km/h at Cape Naturaliste at 10.03pm Tuesday, 107km/h at Swanbourne at 9.31pm Tuesday, 107km/h at Ocean Reef at 8.33pm Tuesday and 106km/h at Norseman at 7.07am Wednesday.
How was the weather in your area? Email us us or MMS 0402 228 221 your pictures and tell us your stories.
Heavy rainfall accompanied the strong wind across much of the South West, with Perth receiving 21.8mm since 9am yesterday morning.
The front will continue to move eastwards and be clear of the State by about 4pm.
A severe weather warning has been cancelled for people south of a line from Israelite Bay to Balgair to Forrest, including people in and near Eucla.
Early this morning 27,000 homes were without power, of which nearly 10,000 have been cut off since Sunday’s storm.
So far Western Power has restored electricity to all but 7000 homes. A total of 1400 homes of the 170,000 which lost power on Sunday are on their fourth day without power.
The utility said only 30 wires appeared to have been brought down last night compared to nearly 800 power lines, streetlight wires and individual customer service lines on Sunday.
Thornlie and Wangara have the most customers without power because of last night’s storm, each with 1800 homes blacked out.
Sorrento has 1000 homes without power, Yallingup has 1000, Serpentine has 900 and Rockingham has 750.
The number of calls to the SES is expected to rise this morning as people wake up and inspect their homes.
Overnight about 20 calls were received from the South West but the majority of the 118 calls came from the metropolitan area.
The Fire and Emergency Services Authority has urged people to be patient with the SES, which still had jobs outstanding from Sunday’s storm when the second front hit and responds to calls on a priority basis.
SES crews from the Kimberley, Pilbara and Midwest Gascoyne have been called in to help with the clean up and another 25 SES volunteers from South Australia are expected to arrive in Perth tomorrow.
Homes in Bunbury, Margaret River, Busselton, Gracetown and Yallingup lost power soon after last night's storm crossed the coast.
SW crews were stood down because of the weather but started back up again as soon as it was deemed safe.
Almost 500 emergency services workers, including SES crews from South Australia, were mobilised across the southern half of WA yesterday to mop up any damage.
The SES has received 1100 calls for help since a tornado struck Dianella on Thursday and a fierce storm hit the south-west on Sunday.
Several flights from Perth Airport, including Virgin Australia aircraft, were delayed because of the storms last night.
Pilots had to abort a number of landings because of the conditions. A Skywest flight from Broome was diverted to Kalgoorlie and a Qantas flight from Melbourne was sent to Adelaide.
About 50 schools are expected to be shut today, while exams were cancelled at Curtin University and thousands of workers were sent home early yesterday.
Telstra crews were brought in from South Australia, NSW and Victoria to try to restore more than 25,000 phone lines.
"It's the nature of a cold front, they come up from time to time and occasionally they turn into something really nasty like this," the Weather Bureau's John Relph said.
"It's amazing that we've had two storms like this in the space of three days."
Western Power said yesterday the utility had reconnected more than 150,000 homes to power since Sunday, but 10,000 homes were still blacked out.
Spokeswoman Miriam Borthwick said last night's storm did not appear to have caused as much destruction as Sunday's.
"Often the first really big storm of the season is when the branches that would come off all get cleared off and get thrown into the powerlines and that clearly happened on Sunday," she said.
Telstra South West regional manager Boyd Brown said 26,000 fixed lines and 13,000 ADSL lines were still out of action late yesterday.
Isolated pockets of the South West, including Brookhampton, Northcliffe and Boyup Brook, have no fixed phone or mobile reception at all.
Mr Brown said emergency communication systems had been sent to the Boyup Brook hospital and Northcliffe nursing post.
Energy Minister Peter Collier said yesterday that he would double compensation to $150 to customers who had been without power for more than 48 hours.
Mr Collier said Sunday's storm had created an unprecedented amount of damage to the State's power system.