Tonight boys hit back at manufacture claims
Boy band What About Tonight

Members of X Factor group What About Tonight have hit back at allegations they were "manufactured" by a leading Australian music manager.

It was reported by the Sun-Herald last week that the five-piece group - comprising Brock Jays, 19, Luke Howell, 18, Christian Anthony, 15, Mitchel Cave, 15, and Tyrone Georgiadis, 18 - were embroiled in a legal battle with music manager David Caplice.

Caplice, who has worked with the likes of Human Nature, Jessica Mauboy and Guy Sebastian, allegedly disputed the band's original story that they formed a week before The X Factor auditions, claiming he created the group months before.

However, the group - who met online and were the ones who decided to form the boy band - have disputed the claims and were devastated the misinformation may have led to their elimination on Wednesday night.

Anthony told AAA just hours before their shock elimination: "We know exactly who we are and we're not letting it affect our performance at all, we're just going to let it pass by.

"I guess people will do things to bring you down but our fans know its not true and we know it's not true and we're not going to let it affect us."

Along with the barrage of angry tweets from some of their 30,000 Twitter followers after the announcement they would leave the smash-hit Seven talent search on Wednesday, fans in the audience were seen crying.

Yesterday, Howell said he was disappointed the reports could have affected the public's votes.

"To have people saying things like that shows it can affect the outcome of things," he said. "It is disappointing. We could have done so much more on the show, unfortunately it had to end."

Despite being the second act officially knocked out of this year's X Factor top 12, Howell said the group was still going to continue to try to crack the music business.

"This is not the end of What About Tonight," he said. "We were writing a few songs in the X Factor house, so we will have to wait and see what happens . . . we are hoping to get some stuff down very soon. We have got such a great fan base . . . to have their support is incredible and to see their reaction just from us leaving the show, let alone what could happen if we release a song, is overwhelming.

"I felt bad for the fans; it upset me to see them upset. We never want to let anyone down."

The next X Factor live show

airs at 7.30pm on Monday, with

the live decider at 7.30pm Tuesday on Seven/GWN7 set to feature

live performances from Pink, Lady Antebellum and the Veronicas.

The West Australian

Popular videos

Compare & Save

Our Picks

Follow Us

More from The West