Munzone recalled to X Factor
Carmelo Munzone on the X Factor

Reinstated X Factor contestant Carmelo Munzone wants neither the sympathy vote nor any viewer backlash from being recalled to replace sacked singer Josh Brookes.

Munzone has been given another shot at winning the Seven Network's high rating reality show after Brookes breached social media rules last week and was axed.

The producers of X Factor announced Munzone's return on Tuesday night's show.

The smiling student rejoined Mel B's team after the former Spice Girl originally cut him when she reduced her team from six to three following bootcamp and home visits.

The 22-year-old joins Jason Owens as Mel B's under-25 male pupils following the elimination of Adil Memon last week.

Munzone says he is relieved to get a second crack at his dream and hopes Brookes' fans don't hold anything against him for being fortunate enough to be recalled.

"I want the judges and the viewers to treat me fairly," Munzone said.

"My family was saying they should give me immunity and I was saying 'no, I want to be treated like any other contestant'.

"I don't want the anger vote."

Munzone said if there was anything to prove, it was to Mel B for ditching him in the first place.

He said he learnt about his recall late on Friday and had the weekend to prepare for his live performance on Tuesday night, when he sang the heavily re-recorded sixties hit Everlasting Love.

Munzone failed to make the final 12 on the hit show and his recall effectively makes him the "13th" finalist, which he says suits him perfectly.

"Thirteen is my lucky number.

"I am born on the 13th and my house number is 13 and I am the 13th contestant in the final.

"I had only a small amount of time but we put in a lot of work and I was more than happy with the song they gave me."

One of the 11 finalists who performed on The X Factor on Tuesday night will be eliminated on Wednesday.

The West Australian

Popular videos

Compare & Save

Our Picks

Follow Us

More from The West