There's no stopping The X Factor while Big Brother's live nomination show failed to make the Top 10 on Monday night.
The X Factor's first live show, where all 12 artists sang a rendition of songs put up by their coaches, attracted 1.588 million viewers for the Seven Network.
Seven News claimed second spot with an average audience of 1.343 million, while Nine News (1.267 million) and A Current Affair (1.193 million) were third and fourth respectively, followed by Today Tonight (1.141 million) and ABC News (1.093).
Seven's long-running soapie Home And Away had a rare win over its main rival, the Nine Network's Big Brother, by finishing seventh with an audience of 1.030 million.
The Nine Network's crime series Underbelly: Badness remains a favourite among viewers. The series, starring Jonathan La Paglia and Matt Nable, was eighth with 1.013 million viewers.
Big Brother's regular "week night" show came in ninth with 1.006 million viewers and Seven's GCB was 10th with 975,000 viewers, giving Seven five of the 10 most-watched shows.
Big Brother's live nominations dipped below a million viewers and missed a Top 10 berth for the first time this series.
The live nominations, which saw Estelle, Bradley and George put up for eviction, attracted just 961,000 viewers to be 11th for the night.
Top ratings shows on Monday night.
1. The X Factor (Seven) - 1.588 million
2. Seven News (Seven) - 1.343 million
3. Nine News (Nine) 1.267 million
4. A Current Affair (Nine) - 1.193 million
5. Today Tonight (Seven) - 1.141 million
6. ABC News (ABC) - 1.093 million
7. Home And Away (Seven) - 1.030 million
8. Underbelly: Badness (Nine) - 1.013 million
9. Big Brother (Nine) - 1.006 million
10. GCB (Seven) - 975,000