Fairytales proved more popular than fights, with Once Upon a Time topping the TV ratings on debut on Tuesday night.
The first episode of Once Upon a Time, which is structured around a random collection of fairytales, attracted 1.35 million viewers to outstrip second-placed Seven News (1.306 million).
The six-part mini-series Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms, based on the Father's Day massacre of 1984 between the feuding Bandidos and Comancheros gangs, premiered on Network Ten in third place.
Bikie Wars pulled in 1.261 million viewers, ahead of Nine News (1.226 million).
Packed to the Rafters, which will go into production for a sixth season later this year, was fifth (1.21 million) and A Current Affair sixth (1.179 million).
Reality renovation show The Block (1.164 million) came in seventh, followed by Today Tonight (1.109 million) and The Big Bang Theory (1.012 million).
Bikie Wars: Here and Now, a documentary about the Father's Day massacre, was 10th with 989,000 viewers.
Network's Ten reality cooking show MasterChef once again failed to attract a million viewers and make it into the top 10.
MasterChef had to settle for the 11th spot with 954,000 viewers.
Top 10 Tuesday night ratings.
1. Once Upon a Time (Seven) - 1.35 million
2. Seven News (Seven) - 1.306 million
3. Bikie Wars: Brothers In Arms - 1.261 million
4. Nine News (Nine) - 1.226 million
5. Packed to the Rafters (Seven) - 1.21 million
6. A Current Affair (Nine) - 1.179 million
7. The Block (Nine) - 1.164 million
8. Today Tonight (Seven) - 1.109 million
9. The Big Bang Theory (Nine) 1.012 million
10. Bikie Wars: Here and Now (Ten) - 989,000