Explosions, guns and hand-to-hand fighting seem to be the flavour of the month on Australian cinema screens, with The Expendables 2 debuting at the top of the box office.
The film, packed with 1990s action stars (and Liam Hemsworth) took $2.962 million at the weekend, according to figures released by the Motion Picture Distributors Association of Australia.
The Bourne Legacy held on to its No.2 position on the box office charts while last week's top place-getter, Total Recall, fell to third place.
Feel-good Aussie movie The Sapphires fell one spot to fourth but still managed to pull in $1.146 million, while ageing rom-com Hope Springs also dropped a spot to finish fifth.
The Dark Knight Rises is still in the Top Ten after seven weeks and more than $41 million, at sixth place, while Finding Nemo 3D debuted in seventh.
Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom dropped one place to eighth, Will Ferrell's latest comedy The Campaign finished ninth and Step Up 4: Miami Heat rounded out the Top Ten.
Top 10 at the Australian Box Office this weekend:
1. The Expendables 2 - $2.962 million (Roadshow)
2. The Bourne Legacy - $1.273 million (Universal)
3. Total Recall - $1.166 million (Sony)
4. The Sapphires - $1.146 million (Eone/Hopscotch)
5. Hope Springs - $868,207 million (Roadshow)
6. The Dark Knight Rises - $570,846 (Warner Bros)
7. Finding Nemo 3D - $403,700 (Walt Disney)
8. Moonrise Kingdom - $393,824 (Universal)
9. The Campaign - $283,950 (Warner Bros)
10. Step Up 4: Miami Heat - $139,801 (Universal)