Spider-Man director, producers settle NY
Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, in New York. Picture: AP Photo/The O and M Co., Jacob Cohl.

Director Julie Taymor has reached a deal in New York to settle a lawsuit she brought over the Broadway production of Spider-Man.

The settlement was disclosed in a document filed on Thursday in federal court in Manhattan. Settlement terms were not immediately released.

Taymor had said the current hit Broadway production, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, was based on the unlawful use of her copyrighted written works.

He was fired last year and the musical's script was rewritten after the $US75 million ($A72.79 million) production had trouble getting past previews. The musical has since become a success. The lawsuit had said damages would exceed $US1 million.

Taymor sued the producers in November and they countersued. The producers say Taymor's treatment was based on pre-existing Spider-Man comics and films.

The West Australian

Popular videos

Compare & Save

Our Picks

More from The West