The Voice Kids has taken a ratings hit following the return of reality singing show The X Factor on Sunday night.
The Voice Kids, which was a runaway success for the first two episodes when it pulled more than 1.6 million viewers each night, has had a decline in audience numbers.
On Sunday, the fourth episode of the Nine Network singing series was fifth overall with 1.150 million viewers which is its lowest overnight OzTAM rating.
It lost out to the launch of the new season of the Seven Network's The X Factor which was second overall with 1.226 million viewers behind Seven News (1.364 million).
Ian Thorpe's admission that he was gay in a tell-all interview with British journalist Michael Parkinson was Network Ten's highest ranked show.
Ian Thorpe: The Parkinson Interview was eighth with 982,000 viewers while Ten's cooking series MasterChef was ninth with an audience of 956,000.
While the Ian Thorpe interview and MasterChef rated well for Ten, the premiere of its Steven Spielberg produced sci-fi series Extant had an indifferent start.
Extant, which stars Halle Berry, was 15th with 614,000 viewers and was beaten in it's timeslot by Nine's locally made drama House Husbands which was 13th with 787,000 viewers.
Most watched shows on Sunday
1. Seven News (Seven) - 1.364 million
2. The X Factor (Seven) - 1.226 million
3. Nine News (Nine) - 1.195 million
4. Sunday Night (Seven) - 1.167 million
5. The Voice Kids (Nine) - 1.150 million
6. 60 Minutes (Nine) - 1.131 million
7. A Place To Call Home (Seven) - 1.050 million
8. Ian Thorpe: The Parkinson Interview (Ten) - 982,000
9. MasterChef (Ten) - 956,000
10. Grand Designs (ABC1) - 920,000
13. House Husbands (Nine) - 787,000
15. Extant (Ten) -614,000
- Source OzTAM