Man burnt  by rubbish fire
Man burnt by rubbish fire

A man has been airlifted to hospital after suffering burns to his face and limbs in an Oakford rubbish fire.

St John Ambulance paramedics and Oakford Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade were called to a Brockwell Place property about 1.45pm.

It is understood the man was trying to burn off garden waste on his two-hectare property when the accident happened.

The rescue helicopter then transferred the man, aged in his 20s, to Royal Perth Hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the blaze was brought under control by 2.30pm.

More to come

The West Australian

Popular videos

Our Picks

Follow Us

More from The West