A bushfire emergency warning has been issued for the Shire of Waroona.
The fire is moving fast, out of control and unpredictable.
Residents in the western part of Waroona are warned that homes and lives in Coronation Road are under threat by fire now.
You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.
The fire started between Coronation Road and Buller Road. It is burning towards Coronation Road.
The bushfire is moving fast in a north easterly northerly direction.
Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home. Spot fires are starting up ahead of the fire.
WHAT TO DO
• It is too late to leave, leaving now would be deadly.
• You need to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
• Go to a room away from the fire front and make sure you can easily escape.
• Choose a room with two exits and water such as a kitchen or laundry.
• You must shelter before the fire arrives, as the extreme heat will kill you well before the flames reach you.
• Protect yourself by wearing long sleeves and trousers, made from cotton or wool, and strong leather boots.
• If your home catches on fire and the conditions inside become unbearable, you need to get out and go to an area that has already been burnt.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
KEEP UP TO DATE
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 1300 657 209, follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.