Fire ripped through a building at Xanadu Winery in Margaret River this morning causing half a million dollars of damage.
A security guard called authorities about 5.30am when he noticed smoke billowing from the winery reception.
Volunteer firefighters rushed to the Boodjidup Road property and brought the blaze under control by 7.30am.
A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the fire was started by an electrical fault in a labelling machine.
The damage was estimated at $500,000.