Northam man, 52, charged for obscene acts
Northam man, 52, charged for obscene acts

Police are urging people to ensure their doors and windows are locked and curtains drawn after detectives yesterday charged a man over obscene acts.

Detectives had been investigating obscene and indecent acts committed between 2000 and 2013.

"Most of the incidents [allegedly] took place across several districts with a large number reported in West Perth, Subiaco and Maylands," a police spokeswoman said.

Perth and Mirrabooka detectives charged a 52-year-old Northam man yesterday afternoon with 17 counts of obscene acts in public, three counts of indecent acts in public, two counts of stealing, and one count each of aggravated burglary, burglary and stealing.

"It is alleged the man approached homes at night, standing in front of windows or glass doors while committing an obscene act in full view of female occupants," the spokeswoman said.

"As a result of a comprehensive and lengthy investigation, the man has been charged relating to one incident in 2000 and multiple incidents in 2012 and 2013."

The man is due to appear in Perth Magistrate's Court on February 25.

People with information regarding these incidents or who have been a victim of a similar incident are asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

"Police would like to remind members of the public to be mindful of their surroundings at all times, ensuring doors and windows are locked and curtains drawn at night," the spokeswoman said.

Safety tips can be found on the police website under Your Safety at police.wa.gov.au.

The West Australian

Popular videos

Compare & Save

Our Picks

Compare & Save

Follow Us

More from The West