The Department of Fire and Emergency Services has issued a minor flood warning for people in the Pilbara and Kimberley.
People near the Northern Interior, West Kimberley, Fitzroy Crossing and Ord River catchment are being encouraged to take action now to prepare for potential floods today and tomorrow.
It is expected that water levels will be fast flowing and rising fast.
To prepare for the floods, the DFES has suggested making sure that people keep an eye on changes in water levels.
The DFES has issued the following advice:
- Ensure your relocation kit, including your emergency kit, is complete
- Relocate equipment and livestock so they do not get caught in floodwaters
- Prepare pet food or stockfeed in case you cannot return home for a few days
- Never walk, swim or play in floodwater
- Do not go near storm drains and pipes, ditches and ravines
- Travellers should not park or camp near rivers.
More information can be found on the Bureau of Meteorology website or by calling 1300 659 213.
For State Emergency Service help call 132 500.