The West

Fire destroys Yanchep house
Fire destroys Yanchep house

A fire sparked by an unattended candle destroyed a home in Yanchep overnight.

Firefighters were called to Brazier Road about 10.30pmm, where a house was engulfed in flames.

It took about 12 firefighters from Osborne Park, Yanchep, Joondalup and Butler three hours to extinguish the blaze.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the fire caused $150,000 damage.

No one was home at the time but an ambulance was called after a woman in a nearby house complained of breathing difficulties.

The woman, aged in her 40s, was treated for smoke inhalation.

The West Australian

Latest News From The West

Popular videos

Our Picks

Follow Us

More from The West