Electrical fault blamed for $300k house blaze
Fire burnt through this house in Ashley Drive, Kelmscott, around 5.30pm Tuesday. Picture: Lincoln Baker/The West Australian

An electrical fault has been blamed for a fire which gutted a house in Kelmscott last night.

WIND CHANGE FEARS AT BREMER BAY

The fire started just after 5.30pm, burning through most of the house and doing around $300,000 damage.

A DFES spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental, but the house had been totally destroyed.

No one was home when the property burnt down.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control before it spread to neighbouring homes.

The fire came at the end of a busy day for DFES, with firefighters called out to fires in Neerabup and Muchea.

In Helena Valley, a child care centre was damaged by fire started by an air conditioner in the early hours of this morning.

A Fire and Emergency Services Authority spokesman said firefighters were called to Ladybugs Early Learning Centre about 3.15am.

It took firefighters about half an hour to bring the blaze under control.

Destroyed: House fire in Ashley Drive, Kelmscott. Picture: Lincoln Baker/The West Australian

The West Australian

Popular videos

Compare & Save

Our Picks

Compare & Save

More from The West