300g (2 cups) plain flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt
200ml boiling water
2 teaspoon sesame oil
Plain flour, extra to dust
Sesame oil, extra to brush
5 green shallots, end trimmed, only green section, cut thinly sliced
1. Place the flour and salt in a large bowl, Make a well in the centre and add the boiling water, sesame oil and vegetable oil. Use a round bladed knife in a cutting motion to stir until well combined. Set aside for 10 mins for cool slightly.
2. Turn the dough onto a clean, lightly floured surfaced and knead for 5 mins or until smooth and elastic. Place in a large bowl. Cover with tea towel and set aside in a draught free place for 30 mins to rest. When dough is cool, use your hands to form it into a ball. Turn the dough onto a clean, lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins or until soft and smooth.
3. Use your hands to roll dough into a 24cm-long. Use a small sharp knife to cut dough into 24 slices. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll one dough portion into a 10cm-diameter disc. Repeat with remaining portions.
4. Brush one side of a disc with extra sesame oil and sprinkle with shallots. Roll up tightly to enclose shallots. Roll up lengthways to make a coil. Use a rolling pin to roll out into a 10 cm-diameter disc, sesame oil and shallots.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, brush with extra vegetable oil to lightly grease. Cook 2 pancakes at a time for 1 min each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and ready to eat.