Scott Cam has hit back at persistent rumours he is set to be replaced as the host of The Block.
He first took on the role in 2010, but recently there has been speculation landscape designer Jamie Durie was about to take his spot.
“I have been at Channel 9 for 21 years on a permanent basis and I have got a few good years left in some contracts,” he told The Herald Sun.
“So I reckon I’m staying put.”
Rumours around Scott’s position on the show first surfaced last week when viewers left comments on social media about wanting a “fresh start” for the show.
“Time for new judges and a new whatever Scott Cam’s job is,” one fan wrote on Instagram
“Hope Scotty & Shelley are gone,” another said in response to a call out for 2021 participants.
At the same time a Nine insider reportedly told New Idea that he was “rarely on site” during the most recent season.
Jamie Durie previously hosted the show from 2003-2004. But he is currently host of rival renovation show House Rules.
Executive producer, Julian Cress, made it clear on Sunday that Scott wasn’t going anywhere, calling him “an integral organ” of the show.
“As long as Dave [Barbour, The Block creator], Justin and I are making The Block Scotty will be the host,” he said.
Meanwhile, it was confirmed last week that The Block will be returning for another season.
“The Block will return in 2021 for an astonishing 17th season,” a spokesperson confirmed.
“While we can’t say too much just yet, we can confirm that next year’s series will take place in the ultimate family-friendly setting of a picturesque suburban cul de sac.”