A Queensland reality TV contestant and former Penthouse covergirl has been granted bail over accusations she kicked and punched a man to steal money after she met him on a dating app.
The Block 2015 contestant Suzi Taylor would likely be "much more rigorous" about complying with bail conditions than she previously had been, Brisbane Supreme Court Justice Debra Mullins said on Monday.
Taylor, whose real name is Suellen Jan Taylor, allegedly attacked a 33-year-old man she had met online before forcing him to hand over money at a New Farm home.
She claims she wasn't using the Tinder dating app, the court was told.
Taylor, a mother of three, has been in custody since her arrest in October on charges of extortion with intent to gain benefit, deprivation of liberty and assault occasioning bodily harm and possessing dangerous drugs.
Justice Mullins said the Crown opposed Taylor's bail because she had committed the alleged offences within two days of being given bail for other matters.
In refusing an earlier bail application, magistrate John McGrath said the police alleged Taylor kicked the man's body and punched him several times in the face while yelling "give me my money".
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.