What are the symptoms of heart attack and what to do?
WARNING SIGNS OF A HEART ATTACK:
* Chest pain or discomfort
* Feeling weak, light-headed or faint
* Pain or discomfort in the jaw, neck or back
* Pain or discomfort in one or both arms or shoulders
* Shortness of breath.
WHAT TO DO:
* Tell someone immediately
* If feeling worse or not better after 10 minutes, call triple zero.
MEN v WOMEN
* While chest pain is the most common symptom for everyone, women are more likely than men to experience other symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, shortness of breath, cold sweats and pain or discomfort in the jaw, shoulders, arms or back.
* Too often, these can be mistakenly associated with the flu, overexertion, indigestion or just feeling run down.
Source: Heart Foundation