Sydney woman, 55, burned in driveway blast

A Sydney woman is in hospital with burns after an aerosol can exploded outside her home.

Police say the 55-year-old woman heard loud "bangs" outside her Canterbury home about 11.30pm on Monday and went outside to investigate.

She was on her driveway when an aerosol can exploded, leaving her with burns to her hands and legs.

The woman was taken to Concord Hospital. Police found a number of flammable items on the driveway and have set up a crime scene.