A Sydney pizza shop worker who raped a drugged teenager has lost his bid for bail and will remain behind bars.
It took a jury two hours on Thursday to find Ricardo Audish guilty of three charges of aggravated sexual assault in company in a southern Sydney eatery in October 2016.
Each offence carries a maximum penalty in jail of 20 years.
The NSW District Court heard at 38-years-old Audish took part in the gang rape of a then-18-year-old after she was fed a bong with cannabis suspected to have been spiked.
On Friday defence barrister Eugene Wasilenia argued for Audish to be released on bail due to his serious heart condition which requires a medical procedure in April.
But crown prosecutor Kate Nightingale said the charges he was convicted of were serious enough to provide an incentive not to appear before the court if released.
Judge David Arnott said despite Audish complying with his bail conditions for four years following the assault, he agreed there was an unacceptable risk he may not appear for his sentence proceedings.
Judge Arnott noted evidence that Audish had approached his victim two months after she complained to police.
The married man originally denied working at the time of the assault and later said the pair did not have intercourse, but a co-worker's statement and forensic DNA evidence of his semen "thwarted" these stories, Ms Nightingale told the court.
Earlier in the evening, the woman had consented to sex with her boyfriend in a toilet cubicle, before he told her "all the other boys want to have sex with you now", to which she replied "hell no".
The bong made her feel dizzy and lose her memory but she recalls leaning over a stack of chairs while Audish had non-consensual sexual intercourse with her.
After a stranger found her disorientated by the side of the road paramedics were called.
In the safety of hospital, she detailed what had happened.
"They all took turns in me," she said.
Audish is due to be sentenced on May 7.