WHAT'S IN THE ARTS SUPPORT PACKAGE?
* $250 million worth of grants and loans covering the entertainment, arts and screen sectors
* Some of the sector's 645,000 workers are already receiving $100 million a month through JobKeeper and cashflow support
* $75 million in 2020-21 for grants of between $75,000 and $2 million to help put on festivals, concerts, tours and events as social distancing restrictions ease
* $90 million in concessional loans for new productions and events
* $50 million for Screen Australia to support local film and television producers to secure finance and start filming again
* $35 million for the Australia Council for the Arts to support theatre, dance, circus, music and other organisations
* Ministerial task force to oversee the recovery
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison to seek national cabinet support for a firm timetable on the lifting of restrictions to allow the arts and entertainment industry to plan for the future.
Source: Prime Minister's Office