The number of dead from last week's terrorism attacks in Spain has risen to 15, Catalan regional Interior Minister Joaquim Forn says.
The latest confirmed victim is a man whose car was hijacked by the presumed fugitive participant in Thursday's van attack in Barcelona, Younes Aboyaaqoub.
Aboyaaqoub is believed to have stopped a car and used it to force a police roadblock. The car was found on the outskirts of Barcelona with its owner's dead body in the back seat.
Catalan justice minister Carles Mundo says the fatalities are eight males, including two minors, and seven women.
Mundo said the latest victim being a man, Pau Perez, found stabbed in a car that was believed to be used by one of the attackers to flee the scene.
The previous death toll was 14 - 13 people killed in a van attack on Barcelona's Las Ramblas promenade on Thursday, and one woman killed hours later in Cambrils.
Earlier Spanish police said they have widened the search for Aboyaaqoub to all of Europe as details emerged of how he fled on foot through the streets of the old town before disappearing.
Authorities are looking for the 22-year-old Moroccan-born Aboyaaqoub, who they believe was behind the wheel of a van which left a trail of dead and injured on Barcelona's famed boulevard.
The Catalan regional government said all European police forces were now searching for Abouyaaqoub and authorities could not rule out that he had slipped across the border into France.
"This person is no longer just being sought in Catalonia but in all European countries, this is an effort by European police," Joaquim Forn, in charge of home affairs in the northeastern Spanish region, told Catalan radio.
Authorities have stepped up checks at Spain's borders.
They also raided more homes overnight in Ripoll, a town in the foothills of the Pyrenees and close to France where many of the suspects in a 12-strong cell thought to be behind the attack had lived.