South African police have detained 82 suspects a day after a group of armed men attacked a film crew making a music video outside of Johannesburg and raped a group of models working on the shoot.
Police in the northern province of Gauteng said they are investigating at least 32 cases of rape.
Some of the victims had been raped by up to 10 men during the attack, Police Minister Bheki Cele said.
Charges of armed robbery are also pending.
The incident unfolded on Friday when a group of heavily armed men attacked the film crew in Krugerdorp, which lies outside of Johannesburg.
The crew had been filming a video in an abandoned mine.
Eight women, all models in the video aged between 19 and 35, were allegedly raped.
Police say the attackers also took wallets, mobile phones and jewellery before fleeing the scene.
Police shot two suspects as they were making a getaway.
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa called the attack "horrific".
Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi broke down in tears during an interview on the matter.
Krugersdorp residents told broadcaster eNCA that they have lived in fear since the incident.
Sexual assault is a major problem in South Africa.
Just in the first three months of this year, police reported 10,818 rapes in a population of 60 million.
But authorities assume that number is under reported, as many cases are never reported to police.