WHAT HAPPENED IN ROUND 18 OF THE NRL
* MAN OF THE ROUND: Adam Doueihi. On his move back to the halves for Wests Tigers, he set up five tries in the fighting 42-24 win over Brisbane. It raises questions over why he was shifted to the centres in the first place.
* QUOTE OF THE ROUND: "It was completely out of character. Obviously, something's happened for him to react like that." - Trent Barrett on Lachlan Lewis' brain snap, which saw him sin-binned on halftime for tackling Cody Walker as both teams walked from the field in Canterbury's 32-24 loss to South Sydney.
* STAT THAT MATTERS: Melbourne's rampant form is officially unprecedented, the Storm bettering a mark that's stood since 1935 for points scored (614) in the first 17 rounds of a season.
* MAGIC MOMENT: Xavier Savage's maiden NRL try that helped seal Canberra' 34-18 win over Cronulla. It's almost certain to be the first of many given his raw talent.
* TALKING POINT: When will the NRL be able to get families of NSW-based players and staff into southeast Queensland? The NRL's hubs got off to a successful start on the field, but the next batch of flights remain its biggest challenge off it.
* JUDICIARY WATCH: Titans - Patrick Herbert (dangerous throw), Kevin Proctor (dangerous throw); Sharks - Aiden Tolman (high tackle); Storm - Chris Lewis (high tackle); Cowboys - Shane Wright (dangerous contact); Broncos - Tom Flegler (high tackle); Bulldogs - Dylan Napa (dangerous contact); Jack Hetherington (high tackle); Lachlan Lewis (contrary conduct).
* CASUALTY WARD: Titans - Phil Sami (ankle), Jamal Fogarty (finger); Sea Eagles - Karl Lawton (back); Raiders - Jack Wighton (ribs); Knights - Kalyn Ponga (HIA), Jacob Saifiti (ankle), David Klemmer (HIA); Storm - Dale Finucane (HIA), George Jennings (knee); Cowboys - Javid Bowen (knee), Valentine Holmes (shoulder); Panthers - James Fisher-Harris (neck, ribs, knee); Warriors - Tohu Harris (knee), Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (HIA), Wayde Egan (shoulder), Rocco Berry (hamstring); Rabbitohs - Alex Johnston (hamstring), Liam Knight (concussion), Campbell Graham (concussion).
* UNDER PRESSURE: Kevin Walters. Brisbane have had some scores put on them in 2021 but conceding 42 points to Wests Tigers will qualify as one of their worst defeats of the season.