Security vision has captured the terrifying moment a toddler was dragged up an escalator while clinging to the handrail at a shopping centre.
The little boy and his older brother were seen standing beside the escalator in Samut Prakan province, Thailand, on December 11.
The siblings were waiting for their parents, who were shopping in one of the stores inside the mall, when the incident happened.
While the older brother waited patiently, the younger boy grabbed the handrail to play with but it suddenly began moving up.
The frantic brother looked on in shock and tried to pull the boy down but it was too late as he travelled high into the air.
Quick thinking onlookers rushed over to try and catch the boy if he fell, while one of the mall staff on the second floor dashed to grab him as he reached the next level.
Witness and staff member Wichuta Srisamrit said the boy was shaken, but fine.
“This is a warning to all parents that they should never let a kid use the escalator alone. If no one was at the top to help him, I can't imagine what could have happened,” she said.
The little boy was unharmed and taken home by his parents after being checked for injuries by medics.
Last year, pictures of a two-year-old boy who got his fingers caught on an escalator were shared wildly on social media as a warning to keep an eye on small children in shopping centres.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com.