'This is crazy': Shocking find curled up in teen's asthma puffer

Brianne Tolj
·2-min read

A shocking and highly-venomous discovery has been found inside a teenage girl’s asthma puffer.

The girl was doing chores at her home in Bli Bli, a suburb on the Sunshine Coast, on Monday when she noticed a dark coloured snake slink out of the laundry basket she’d just brought inside.

The surprised teen called the Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers for help and after searching the house, they found a baby red-bellied black snake curled up inside her asthma inhaler.

“You would not believe this,” the Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers wrote on Facebook.

“This is crazy and we’re super lucky we were able to find the snake.

“It’s one of the most incredible places we have ever found a snake before.”

The baby red-bellied black snake curled up inside her asthma inhaler. Source: Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers
The surprised teen called the snake catchers for help and after searching the house, they found a baby red-bellied black snake curled up inside her asthma inhaler. Source: Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers

Red-bellied black snakes are one of the most frequently encountered snakes on Australia’s east coast and are responsible for a number of bites annually, according to the Australian Museum.

Although no human deaths have been recorded, their venom can cause severe symptoms like bleeding, vomiting, abdominal pain, headaches, diarrhoea and muscle weakness or pain.

Facebook users horrified over snake’s 'crazy' location

The image of the snake curled up inside the medical device has gone viral on Facebook, attracting thousands of shocked and scared reactions and comments.

“Like wow, how freaky a place for snake to be,” one woman commented on the post.

“Oh yeah cool, I won’t be reaching for the Ventolin (asthma medication) half asleep EVER again,” a woman with asthma said in shock.

“Well thanks now I’m forever going to have nightmares - yours truly from an asthmatic,” a third woman said.

“Cleverly disguised as a puff adder,” a man joked.

One mum shared her own terrifying story in the comments, recalling that she found a red-bellied snake in her son’s cot when he was four months old.

Thank goodness we saw it in the room because it was in the cot by the time the snake catcher got there. Luckily our baby wasn’t,” she said.

Another woman said she found a red-bellied snake on top of her vacuum one day as she went to turn it off with her foot.

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.