5G Solution Set Supports Required Fronthaul and Backhaul Upgrades, Protects and Secures Equipment in Any Location
Indoor- and outdoor-rated RMR® solutions such as RMR Bollards support and secure next-generation small cell radio nodes, power electronics and network connections.
AGOURA HILLS, California, Sept. 24, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chatsworth Products (CPI), a leading global manufacturer and expert in enclosure design for the information and communications technology (ICT) industry, announces the release of indoor- and outdoor-rated RMR® solutions to support and secure next-generation small cell radio nodes, power electronics and network connections.
To realize the full potential of 5G cellular wireless networks, carriers will engage in a significant physical buildout of new microcells, indoor radio nodes and upgrades to distributed antenna and radio systems. Securing network connections, protecting equipment and aesthetic concerns are key considerations in this full-scale buildout.
Understanding the critical need to protect sensitive and expensive 5G equipment, CPI introduces several RMR® Enclosures specifically designed to support 5G applications in indoor and outdoor spaces.
RMR® Enclosures include:
For outdoor applications
- RMR Free-Standing Enclosure—Large, outdoor-rated enclosure can be customized (sized and kitted) to secure and cool/heat compute at tower sites.
- RMR Wall-Mount Enclosure—This low-profile enclosure can be mounted on the wall or poles and provides NEMA Type 4 protection for small cells in outdoor or industrial locations. It is ideal in applications where integration with power, fire suppression and cooling systems is required.
- RMR Bollards—This heavy-duty fiberglass bollard is large and strong enough to conceal and protect most vendors’ outdoor Wi-Fi and small cell equipment, and is the ideal solution for outdoor areas where aesthetics is paramount, such as school and business campuses, public parks and smart city applications
- RMR Wireless Enclosures—The rugged fiberglass reinforced polyester material does not interfere with wireless signals, making these NEMA Type 4X enclosures ideal for outdoor applications where corrosion is a concern.
For indoor applications
- RMR Wall-Mount Right Angle—Mounts multiple small cell access points and antennas on the wall. It is ideal for locations where the ceiling is too high or otherwise inaccessible, such as open indoor sports and entertainment venues, airports, courtyard, convention halls, etc.
- RMR Ceiling Enclosure—Mounts multiple small cell access points and antennas, while minimizing wireless signal loss. The vented door and large aluminum surface area provide effective airflow and are ideal in facilities with suspended ceilings like hospitals, retail stores and office spaces.
“Evolving technologies and advanced equipment are constantly being introduced in the market and it is CPI’s philosophy to keep engineering products that meet the industry’s most pressing demands. This new introduction is specifically valuable because it encompasses a broad range of applications, multiple equipment support options, and the quality and craftsmanship for which CPI is known,” says Sam Rodriguez, CPI Sr. Product Manager of Industrial Solutions.
Learn more about CPI’s RMR Industrial solutions that support 5G applications here.
CONTACT: Raissa Carey Chatsworth Products, Inc. 5125919525 RCarey@chatsworth.com