- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
WHAT THEY SAID ON DAY 21 OF THE ELECTION CAMPAIGN
THE BEST LINE
"I see your husband's pictures everywhere - is he a real estate agent?"
- Josh Frydenberg on a question put to his wife at his first election in 2010
"It is always hard to buy your first home - it is really tough."
- On policies to improve home ownership.
"I will be campaigning all across the country according to the priorities of the campaign."
- On whether he will visit seats such as Warringah.
"We have always been the underdog."
- On his prospects of re-election.
"It is a choice between shaping the future or being shaped by it.
- On Labor's approach to governing.
"In the toughest of times people have stepped up but their government has let them down."
- On natural disasters and the pandemic.
"I will show up, I will step up, I will bring people together."
- On his leadership strategy.
THE SUPPORT CAST
"We are competitive but we certainly aren't taking anything for granted."
- Labor frontbencher Katy Gallagher.
"We're the most expensive doormat you'll ever have."
- Nationals leader Barnaby Joyce on criticism of his party being a Liberal "doormat".
"This bloke is all tinsel and no tree."
- Labor's Jason Clare on the prime minister.
"There's nothing you can do to bring down the price of a lettuce is there?"
- Nine journalist Chris Uhlmann's question to Dr Chalmers.