Nick Xenophon has revealed he's taken out a $600,000 mortgage on his home and other assets to help fund his SA-BEST party's South Australian election campaign.
Campaign director Connie Bonaros said some of the money had already been received and all the details would be fully disclosed within the relevant time.
Ms Bonaros said the information had been released because of reports the Liberal Party had complained to the Electoral Commission about disclosure of the loan.
"SA-BEST takes its obligations over disclosures under electoral legislation very seriously and has retained the services of an accounting firm to constantly monitor all transactions and to ensure compliance with the requirements of the funding and disclosure regime," she said.
"It is no secret that Nick Xenophon has taken out a loan, mortgaging his house and other assets, to help fund the campaign.
"The amount of that loan is $600 000, with part of those funds already received and the balance expected to follow shortly."
Ms Bonaros said she now looked forward to the other major parties disclosing their donors.
SA-BEST is planning to run candidates in more than 30 of SA's 47 lower house seats at the March 17 poll and will also run candidates in the upper house.
Prospective MPs have to stump up $20,000 to help fund the party's operations and Mr Xenophon previously revealed he had loaned the necessary cash to some candidates.