An assault charge against Port Adelaide AFL player Paddy Ryder has been dropped.
Police won't be proceeding with any charges against Ryder over an alleged assault outside an Adelaide club in the early hours of October 1, the club and police have confirmed.
"Ryder has acknowledged a written caution from SA Police and the matter is now at an end," Port Adelaide said in a statement on Tuesday afternoon.
"Ryder and the Port Adelaide Football Club now consider the matter closed and will be making no further comment."
The 29-year-old last month confirmed he'd been charged with assaulting a police officer but accused the media of spreading false stories about the incident.
In a statement on Tuesday, South Australian police said they had issued a 29-year-old man from Henley Beach with a caution for disorderly behaviour but would not proceed with any other charges.
Ryder had been scheduled to appear in Adelaide Magistrates Court on Wednesday.