- Since the first Holden car in 1948, more than 7.5 million have been produced in Australia
* Holden produced its most cars in a single year in 2005 when 153,026 Commodores were built
* The company achieved its highest market share in 1958 when 50.3 per cent of all new cars sold in Australia were Holdens
* Holden's exports peaked in 2005 when 60,518 cars were shipped overseas to markets including the Middle East, North America and New Zealand
* The company's workforce reached a high of 23,914 in 1964 with workers spread against seven facilities in Queensland, NSW, Victoria and South Australia
* The Elizabeth factory built its first car, an HD Holden, in 1965 and its first Commodore, a VC, in 1980
* The plant's highest daily volume came between June 2003 and July 2005, when 780 cars were built across three shifts.