WHO IS SANJEEV GUPTA?
* Sanjeev Gupta is a 44-year-old, Indian-born and Cambridge-educated industrialist.
* While at Cambridge he started the Liberty House Group before forming the GFG (Gupta Family Group) Alliance - the company that's buying Arrium.
* Dubbed the "man of steel" for reviving failing steel production companies by purchasing and successfully relaunching a number of them in the UK.
* Mr Gupta has a strong environmental focus and follows a "Greensteel" business model which uses locally-sourced scrap metal in steelmaking and powers furnaces with renewable energy.
* He plans to expand the Whyalla operations and invest in renewable energy projects in South Australia, such as pumped-hydro.
* Liberty House has bases in 30 countries and an estimated turnover of about $7 billion.
* GFG Alliance has an estimated turnover of about $9.4 billion.