A South Australian man will face unlawful detention and sex charges over the disappearance of a tourist near Adelaide.
The 52-year-old is expected to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Monday after being arrested at a property at Meningie, southeast of the city on Saturday.
He was questioned at length by police and eventually charged with three counts of rape and one count of unlawful detention.
The woman, who is in her mid-20s, had left her tourist accommodation in Adelaide's CBD and boarded a bus to Murray Bridge on Thursday morning.
From there it was thought she had been picked up by someone in a red ute.
Police said she had posted an advertisement on the Gumtree website, asking for work in Victoria.
"I'm looking for these jobs in Melbourne starting 30 of January. With accommodation stay or hostel nearby. Cuz I don't have a car. I love nature and animals, I eat fruit every day;) it would be nice to do a job like this. If you have something please let me know. Thx," her advertisement read.
She was found at a Murray Bridge property on Friday thanks to a tip-off from a member of the public which came after she managed to get a desperate message to her family in Europe who alerted police.
The young woman also managed to contact a friend in Queensland during her ordeal, which began when her alleged captor answered her internet advertisement.
Detective Inspector Greg Huchins said it would be alleged the offences occurred at the Meningie property where the man was taken into custody.
She first arrived in Adelaide early in February.