South Australia has cleared it's last active coronavirus case, taking its run without a new infection to 10 days.
The last case to be resolved was that of a local nurse who had volunteered to travel to Victoria to work in that state's aged care sector.
She had been diagnosed on August 23 and went into quarantine despite showing no symptoms of the virus as the time.
Still considered an active infection on Tuesday, Premier Steven Marshall said the "brave" woman was now clear of the disease.
SA's clean sheet will put more pressure on the transition committee, which meets against later this week, to further ease some COVID-19 restrictions.
Though Premier Steven Marshall says the state can still not afford to become complacent.
It had previously cleared all its active cases only to have a cluster of new infections pop up at an adult learning college.
The state's COVID-free status also came amid confirmation that the annual schoolies celebrations this year would be significantly curtailed.
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said the large gatherings usually associated with the three-day event, south of Adelaide, would not be possible this year.
But he said police, SA Health, the event's organisers and a representative group of year 12 students were in discussions about what form the celebrations might take.
"We think a lot of young people may still go down there. We want them to have a good time but we want them to have a good time safely," Mr Stevens said on Wednesday.
"We're hopeful through our discussions that we'll come up with a plan that suits everybody.
"But it won't look like any other schoolies."
There was no movement on Wednesday in relation to the state's remaining border measures, with a hard closure in place with Victoria and quarantine arrangements remaining for NSW and the ACT.
Those measures could be reviewed on Friday with SA likely to move on the ACT first which the premier said had done "extraordinarily well" in containing the coronavirus in recent weeks.