SA records two new COVID-19 cases

·1-min read

South Australia has recorded two new COVID-19 cases in returned overseas travellers.

The woman aged in her 30s and a child recently returned to Australia and have been in hotel quarantine.

SA health authorities on Friday said the positive tests results had been confirmed as old infections and neither were considered active cases.

The new COVID-19 cases follow two cases recorded on Thursday, including a man in his 20s who was aboard a flight from Darwin to Sydney that contained an infected Qantas staff member.

SA Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said she understood the man's infection was likely an old one and nobody in the state was at risk.

The second case on Thursday was a man in his 70s who was in a medi-hotel after returning to the state from Doha on December 18.