South Australia is ready to host the Australian Formula One Grand Prix should the event be moved from Melbourne because of COVID-19 concerns, Premier Steven Marshall says.
With the state government already waiting on a decision on its bid to host this year's AFL grand final, Mr Marshall said The Bend Motorsport Park, east of Adelaide, would be a suitable location to stage the grand prix next year.
"We're not going over to poach, but we stand ready with a fantastic track in South Australia," he said.
"We don't have the ability to put together a street circuit which would be suitable for Formula One, so the only option for the grand prix to come to South Australia would be at The Bend.
Mr Marshall said the state government would look at "every single option" to bring the race to SA, including financial support.
But he said any plan would have to "stack up" from a commercial perspective.
"We don't have buckets and buckets of cash lying around," the premier said.
"But to bring quality events to South Australia that promote economic activity and get our economy moving again, is exactly what we're looking at.
The premier's comments came as it was confirmed on Monday that the V8 Supercars would stage back-to-back rounds at The Bend in September.
The track's managing director Sam Shahin said talks with the V8 teams were underway around test days ahead of the two SuperSprint rounds on September 19-20 and 26-27.
"The task is now in front of us to put on the best events possible in September, essentially cramming what normally takes six months of planning into three weeks, but we love a challenge," he said.
SA reported no new coronavirus cases on Monday, leaving the state's total since the start of the pandemic at 463 and taking its run of days without a new infection to eight.
Only one case is still considered active.
An alert remains in place for travellers returning from Brisbane and the Gold Coast to watch for COVID-19 symptoms and to get tested if any develop.
SA has conducted more than 377,500 tests so far.