A woman charged with the murder of her mother-in-law will not enter a plea to the charge until 2019, as prosecutors look for an expert to analyse evidence from a smartwatch.
Caroline Nilsson faced Adelaide Magistrates Court on Wednesday charged with the bashing murder of Myrna Nilsson, 57, at their Adelaide home in September 2016.
At the time of the incident, the 26-year-old told police that her mother-in-law had been attacked by a group of men who had forced their way into the property after a road rage incident.
About three hours after the purported home invasion, she was found in the street by neighbours with her hands and face bound with tape.
At an earlier bail hearing, prosecutor Carmen Matteo said that it was the crown case that the story Nilsson had concocted was demonstrably false and the home invasion crime scene had been fabricated.
Ms Matteo said a forensic expert had analysed the dead woman's smartwatch and had narrowed the time from when she was attacked to when she died to a seven-minute window.
Another prosecutor, Steph Halliday, told the court on Wednesday there was a large volume of outstanding material, and police were still seeking an expert to analyse evidence obtained from the watch.
She said police were still investigating why a CCTV system had been turned off at the time of the incident, and samples of hair from the children at the house were being analysed.
Magistrate Paul Foley said he was concerned at the delays in the case but remanded Nilsson in custody to enter her plea in January next year.