SA man denies manslaughter charge

Manslaughter-accused Reece Andrew Watherston has been remanded on continuing bail

A man charged over a fatal brawl in Adelaide last year has pleaded not guilty to manslaughter.

Reece Andrew Watherston appeared in Adelaide Magistrates Court on Thursday in relation to the incident in December which claimed the life of 22-year-old Jack Hanley.

Watherston was remanded on continuing bail to appear in the Supreme Court for arraignment on November 5.

His initial release on bail last year angered the family of Mr Hanley and continued to be a source of heartache, despite the requirement for him to be electronically monitored.

"With a bracelet, he can go wherever he likes," Mr Hanley's mother Julie Kelbin said as she left the court with a large group of supporters.

"My son's in a graveyard, that's where I visit him. It's heartbreaking."

At earlier hearings, the court was told the incident that claimed Mr Hanley's life involved an altercation between two groups in Hindley Street.

At that time, defence counsel said it was not a case of an unprovoked attack.

The court heard Watherston was among a group of five young men who became involved in an altercation with a group of 10 people.