Watford (United Kingdom) (AFP) - European Ryder Cup star Chris Wood admits he is too much of a "home boy" and will resist the urge to compete full time on the prestigious PGA Tour.
The 28-year-old Englishman returns to competition this week for the first time since the Ryder Cup seeking to become only the fourth player behind Nick Faldo, Seve Ballesteros and Colin Montgomerie to capture the BMW PGA Championship and the British Masters in the same season.
Wood played in two Hazeltine matches, teaming with Justin Rose to win their foursomes encounter and then taking the heavily fancied Dustin Johnson right down to the last hole before losing 1 up.
Like his non-PGA Tour member team-mates, Wood is eligible to apply for invitations into events on the 2016/17 PGA Tour season that commences this week.
Fellow European Team rookie Thomas Pieters revealed last week he has accepted offers in the hope of earning full 2017/18 membership status, but not Wood, who is nearing the end of his eighth full season competing in Europe.
"I am not intending to take up a PGA Tour card at this stage because if you are going to commit to the PGA Tour you have to do it properly and live over there," he said on Tuesday.
"I am too much of a home boy and I would struggle, I think, to live in America.
"I also like the idea, as was the case this morning, of getting into my own car and driving to the course here at The Grove.
"I might consider dipping my toe in next year playing a few more events ahead of the three US-based majors and see how that goes.
"But the big thing for me is: what if I am over there in the States for a few weeks and you miss a cut? All you do is go back to your hotel room and stare at the ceiling."
Wood said playing up close with World No. 2 Johnson was a sight to behold.
"I probably need to hit it about 40 yards farther to keep up with Dustin Johnson as I?ve never seen anybody bomb it like he does," said Wood.