Russians deny compensation for pre-2023 housing repairs in occupied Luhansk Oblast, says Ukrainian governor

Luhansk Oblast
Luhansk Oblast

Occupation authorities in Luhansk Oblast are refusing residents compensation for destroyed housing if it was repaired before 2023, either at their own expense or with the aid of humanitarian missions, Ukrainian regional governor Artem Lysohor reported on Telegram on May 19.

"Even in the case of repeated damage, there is nothing to expect from the occupation authorities," he said, adding that they are deprived of the right to receive either monetary compensation or building materials.

Earlier in the day, Lysohor reported a massive Russian shelling of the logistic routes of the Ukrainian defense forces and civilian villages in Luhansk Oblast.

We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!

Read the original article on The New Voice of Ukraine