A $1 million reward could be the key to solving the cold-case bashing murder of a Sydney man who may have been the victim of a hate crime.
The body of 43-year-old father-of four Raymond Keam was found by a member of the public at Alison Park in Randwick on January 13, 1987.
A post-mortem revealed he died from severe head injuries and in 1988 an inquest found he died after being struck by a person or persons unknown.
At the time his killing was suspected of being a possible gay-hate murder.
Police Minister David Elliott said on Wednesday he hoped the $1 million reward would help bring the killer to justice.
"There was a dark and violent period in our state's history when people were dismissive of suspected hate crimes and NSW Police have been working tirelessly to ensure every possible resource available is utilised when reviewing and reinvestigating these cases," he said.
Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty said police were now exploring new lines of inquiry.
"Detectives are particularly interested in speaking with anyone who may have been a victim of an assault or who may have witnessed assaults at Alison Park, Randwick, in the years prior to and after Raymond's death.
"After more three decades, investigators hope to be able to provide Raymond's family - including his four children - with some answers," he said.
Raymond's partner Diane Smart described him as "a kind and caring partner, father and stepfather".
"At the time of his death we had been planning out our life together - then it was all ripped away in an instant," she said.
"I didn't just lose my partner that night, I lost my life and my future, and we all lost a huge of part of our family. Raymond was a bright, strong, smart and generous man, who can never be replaced."
Raymond's daughter Stephanie Keam said she'd "not only lost my father, but a good friend, and have always felt a shadow over me not knowing why he was so cruelly taken from us".