Recommendations from an investigation into the bungled handling of COVID-19 exemptions for family members of Port Adelaide AFL players will be acted on with urgency, Premier Steven Marshall says.
The report is due to go to the state's health boss on Tuesday and will likely be released in the coming days.
It was sparked after 11 people related to Port players were wrongly given permission to travel from Victoria to South Australia last month.
Once the mistake became known, Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier cancelled the "inappropriate" exemptions but not before five of the people had already arrived in Adelaide and were in hotel quarantine.
The decision has been linked to a high-ranking health official, but that person has not been officially named.
There was no suggestion of wrongdoing by any of the Port players, their families or the club.
On Tuesday, Mr Marshall said the review had been instigated and completed as quickly as possible.
"We've been very clear on this from day one. This decision was wrong, it was out of step with expectations," the premier said.
"We need to look at the final report. It has got recommendations and I expect we will be implementing those recommendations as quickly as possible."
Mr Marshall said the state must learn from the experience and improve its processes to ensure a similar situation does not happen again.